Welcome to the CrossTalk Sunday School Class. We’re excited to have you join us. In case you’re new to the church or you haven’t been involved in Sunday School previously, we’d like to take a moment to tell you a little about us.
- Who: We range in age from late twenties to forties and...well, shall we just say—“more mature.” We have families with children of all ages. New folks are always welcome!
- Where: We meet every Sunday morning in the Small AWANA Room (large room at the end of hallway behind the Worship Center).
- When: Our optional Fellowship time starts at 9:30 am. Come join us a for some coffee! Class “officially” begins at 9:45 a.m.
- What: Our time together consists of a time to share prayer requests with each other followed by a open discussion style lesson time. We enjoy learning and laughing together and try to keep our studies informal so please feel free to participate and join in.
CrossTalk class will begin a new Sunday School series on April 7th entitled “Gods at War”. There are gods at war within each of us. They battle for the throne of our hearts, and much is at stake. This is why idolatry is the most discussed problem in the entire Bible. Behind every sin struggle that you and I have is a false god that is winning the war in our lives. Don't give in to the myth that gods are only statues that people of other cultures or long ago worshiped. Pleasure, romance, sex, money, and power are just a few of the gods that vie for our allegiance in today's society. Join us in this new series as we explores these gods. When the Lord God takes His rightful place on the throne of our hearts, we will have victory. Join us @ 9:45 am in the Small AWANA Room.
- Getting to know others in a large church can sometimes be a challenge. We see our class as an opportunity to fellowship with a smaller group of people where it is easier to get to know one another and support one another in Christian love.
- Each week we enjoy some coffee, tea, or cocoa and fellowship time from 9:30-9:45 am.
- Once a quarter, we have a Fellowship Sunday where we spend the Sunday school hour getting to know each other better and enjoying pastries, donuts, muffins and coffee.
- We plan time to get together as a group occasionally outside of Sunday school class. Our past activities have included picnics, outings to the Altoona Curve Baseball Park, Dessert Nights, as well as smaller group dinners.
We hope we’ve given you an idea of what we’re all about. If you have any questions about the class or the church, please feel free to contact us anytime.
Randy & Ellen Andrews