Welcome to the CrossTalk Sunday School Class. We’re excited to have you join us. In case you’re new to the church or you haven’t been involved in Sunday School previously, we’d like to take a moment to tell you a little about us.
- Who: We range in age from late twenties to forties and...well, shall we just say—“more mature.” We have families with children of all ages. New folks are always welcome!
- Where: We meet every Sunday morning in the Small AWANA Room (large room at the end of hallway behind the Worship Center).
- When: Our optional Fellowship time starts at 9:30 am. Come join us a for some coffee! Class “officially” begins at 9:45 a.m.
- What: Our time together consists of a time to share prayer requests with each other followed by a open discussion style lesson time. We enjoy learning and laughing together and try to keep our studies informal so please feel free to participate and join in.
What do you think of when you hear the word “church”? Stained glass windows, a steeple, organ music, or a choir? The church actually isn’t a building or even a service. It’s people. God created the Church to be a community of people who know Him. When the apostles and early Christians began meeting together, they did not set out to create a cold, impersonal institution; they created a community. More than anything else, they were concerned about serving and loving people. That is the sort of thing that changes lives. Join CrossTalk as we learn about becoming the church God created us to be. (Small AWANA Room 9:45 am)
- Getting to know others in a large church can sometimes be a challenge. We see our class as an opportunity to fellowship with a smaller group of people where it is easier to get to know one another and support one another in Christian love.
- Each week we enjoy some coffee, tea, or cocoa and fellowship time from 9:30-9:45 am.
- Once a quarter, we have a Fellowship Sunday where we spend the Sunday school hour getting to know each other better and enjoying pastries, donuts, muffins and coffee.
- We plan time to get together as a group occasionally outside of Sunday school class. Our past activities have included picnics, outings to the Altoona Curve Baseball Park, Dessert Nights, as well as smaller group dinners.
We hope we’ve given you an idea of what we’re all about. If you have any questions about the class or the church, please feel free to contact us anytime.
Randy & Ellen Andrews