Welcome to the CrossTalk Sunday School Class. We’re excited to have you join us. In case you’re new to the church or you haven’t been involved in Sunday School previously, we’d like to take a moment to tell you a little about us.
- Who: We range in age from late twenties to forties and...well, shall we just say—“more mature.” We have families with children of all ages. New folks are always welcome!
- Where: We meet every Sunday morning in the Small AWANA Room (large room at the end of hallway behind the Worship Center).
- When: Our optional Fellowship time starts at 9:30 am. Come join us a for some coffee! Class “officially” begins at 9:45 a.m.
- What: Our time together consists of a time to share prayer requests with each other followed by a open discussion style lesson time. We enjoy learning and laughing together and try to keep our studies informal so please feel free to participate and join in.
CrossTalk Class will be starting a new study on 4/13. In “You'll Get Through This: Hope and Help for Your Turbulent Times”, Max Lucado will share the Biblical story of Joseph. Stripped of his identity, thrown into a pit and sold as a slave, his was a story of defeat and challenges, but as time passed God worked through his circumstances to bring redemption and reconciliation. And although it may seem hard to believe, you will get through this too. The story of Joseph's life didn't end in the pit and neither does yours.
- Getting to know others in a large church can sometimes be a challenge. We see our class as an opportunity to fellowship with a smaller group of people where it is easier to get to know one another and support one another in Christian love.
- Each week we enjoy some coffee, tea, or cocoa and fellowship time from 9:30-9:45 am.
- Once a quarter, we have a Fellowship Sunday where we spend the Sunday school hour getting to know each other better and enjoying pastries, donuts, muffins and coffee.
- We plan time to get together as a group occasionally outside of Sunday school class. Our past activities have included picnics, outings to the Altoona Curve Baseball Park, Dessert Nights, as well as smaller group dinners.
We hope we’ve given you an idea of what we’re all about. If you have any questions about the class or the church, please feel free to contact us anytime.
Randy & Ellen Andrews